How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 4078
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I left my husband and I need to get my things from the house,

Customer Question

I left my husband and I need to get my things from the house, especially a car that I just purchased and the car and insurance is in my name.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't. He doesn't have any drivers license the the car is only in my name. He is a viloent person I it wouldn't be good for me to see him.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: I left because of the verbal abuse. He would also physically abuse me. I just purchased the car two weeks ago and now he won't let me get it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. Clearly you are entitled to your vehicle and your personal property. Often you can obtain these items without going through the Court depending upon the cooperation of the local Sheriff's Office. Very often if you contact the local sheriff;s office and ask them to accompany you to your home so that you can retrieve these items they will do so. (Some will not without a court order, but it doesn't hurt you to ask). In the past I have also used private detectives to provide security. That can cost a bit of money however, and they take the position that any sign of violence or threat means that you are leaving immediately. So basically they are there only as a deterrent and as a witness. If neither of these options will work you may need to file a Petition in the Magisterial Court that will authorize you to enter the property accompanied by the Sheriff. If the Sheriff will not do so without the Court Order ask them if they will with one. Then contact the Magisterial Court about filing for such an Order. There are a number of ways for you to approach this type of situation. I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck. Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing. Kind regards,Gerald