How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KnowYourRights Your Own Question
KnowYourRights, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 27230
Experience:  Experience protecting consumers against unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent advertising, marketing and financial practices.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
KnowYourRights is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My discover card account has been turned over to zwicker

Customer Question

Hi, my discover card account has been turned over to zwicker & associate
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: OK, lost my job several years ago and have not been able to make payments. So several days ago the acct was turned over to zwicker. Real question is how long it'll take them to file a judgement and do they have to notify me before judgement is filed. Also do they have a obligation to try to collect before they file a judgement. One more thing, average time it takes case to go to docete. Thanks
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Consumer Protection Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know of. Thanks for your time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 1 year ago.
I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If the case has been turned over they will first likely send you a demand notice and attempt to collect and settle with you. After repeated attempts and their opinion that you will not pay or settle they can sue you. They will have to file a complaint and you will get served and be given a chance to respond and defend this. Then, the judge will decide and if they find in their favor they will obtain a judgment.
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions