Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I have a small business selling alternative medical devices.It

Customer Question
Hi, I have a small...
Hi, I have a small business selling alternative medical devices.It is being imported from Slovakia.FDA held our shipment for almost a month because DHL failed to give FDA the needed information.The shipment was a demo device i paid for and i supposed to use it for demonstration for sales.This way for a month i couldnt do demos and sell.
I called FDA 2 weeks ago to get info why goods not released.I was told im not the broker so they cant give me data but DHL can call them.I asked DHL to call but no one did.Today i tried to call FDA again and asked nicely to help me.Than the lady told me what information she needs, i gave her and they released the shipment after 4 weeks.
This generated lot of upset and lost income and i had to work a lot on it, e-mails , phone calls etc.I had to communicate with 5-6 person at DHL on phone and on e-mails.Eventually i handled it what DHL supposed too and i want to sue them but i dont know if it worth it as i dont have money for expensive lawyers and i dont know if this can win or not.
Best:Csaba
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/3/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating. In general, suing a major corporation is expensive - and establishing that they are responsible will be very time consuming (even if you win). You would need to also have a way of establishing how much money you would have earned if they hadn't screwed up, which is a tough thing to do. You need to decide whether the time and expense is worth it to you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is not an answer to my question !
If you need any clarification I'd be happy to do so.
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney