How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117442
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** and I have an issue with Northern

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** and I have an issue with Northern Leasing Systems Credit Card Co. They forged my name to a contract and took money from my account. I originally was in a contract with Verifone a Credit card Co.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I'm from California is and moved to Ga 3 years ago and can't seem to pin point an Attorney for this particular issue! I keep being direct to Georgia Attorney General but can't seem to get anyone! I'm very frustrated at this point! Although I read how this company has been rated F with BBB as well as sued by State of New York ATTORNEY GENERAL I'm getting the run around a on my end.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes I have a contract by them that's NOT my signature! I brought it to their attention. I took the forged contract to my local sheriffs department a couple of years ago. Then took it to my bank and had it Notarized. Sent the information to their Collections Manager per his request yet once he received the information ( my signature, my signature on my Drivers License, and my signature on my Social Security Card he said " SORRY THERES NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT THAT "
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need a local consumer protection attorney to sue the company for fraud and misrepresentation in order to resolve this with them. If you cannot get your attorney general involved, you need to hire a local consumer protection law attorney and they can sue the company to seek damages as well as a court order voiding the contract based on the fact that you did not sign the contract. This is your final recourse in this issue and you can get a local consumer protection attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, or