How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6823
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We volunteered to return a vehicle shortly after purchasing

Customer Question

We volunteered to return a vehicle shortly after purchasing it, the vehicle was sold. We later received a letter from a law firm stating we still owed money on the vehicle. We have been paying this law firm since around 2008, the amount owed in the beginning was less than $5,000.00. Now we owe over $18,000.00. We have been making payments of $50.00 per month on this vehicle that we do not own. We missed the month of March and now have been issued a NOTICE OF RIGHT TO HAVE EXEMPTIONS DESIGNATED. What can we do to completely get rid of this entire situation, and not have this law firm constantly after us ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.Have you attempted to negotiate or restructure the debt? Have you demanded an audit or accounting to see how payments have been applied?Do you have assets which are vulnerable to creditor claims?