Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

My name is***** bank printed out my bank

Customer Question
Hello my name is***** bank...
Hello my name is***** bank printed out my bank statement and gave it to someone nor on the account, without my approval
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Someone went in to my bank and requested a copy of my bank statement and was given one.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
4/22/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
I am so sorry to hear about this. You have a basis for a legal claim for violation of your privacy and breach of contract with them. The one challenge is that you have to prove your damages in court so if you have suffered some losses as result of that disclosure to the other party then that is critical to your case.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No monetary losses but loss of reputation
Can you elaborate a little bit? If you like we can talk by phone but there are additional charges.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just that people who have no right to now know my entire financial situation
I understand. I think you should try to file a legal action and let a judge decide what an appropriate amount of damages are or maybe they will settle with you.
Let me know if you have any other questions otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated. We only get paid for ratings of 3 or above.
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer