How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is***** bank printed out my bank

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** bank printed out my bank statement and gave it to someone nor on the account, without my approval
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Someone went in to my bank and requested a copy of my bank statement and was given one.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry to hear about this. You have a basis for a legal claim for violation of your privacy and breach of contract with them. The one challenge is that you have to prove your damages in court so if you have suffered some losses as result of that disclosure to the other party then that is critical to your case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No monetary losses but loss of reputation
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Can you elaborate a little bit? If you like we can talk by phone but there are additional charges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just that people who have no right to now know my entire financial situation
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
I understand. I think you should try to file a legal action and let a judge decide what an appropriate amount of damages are or maybe they will settle with you.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have any other questions otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated. We only get paid for ratings of 3 or above.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions