How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6850
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We were taken off a Delta flight because my wife (non

Customer Question

Hello, we were taken off a Delta flight because my wife (non native American) told the flight attendents she had a broken rib. I had a letter from the ER that her situation was not dangerous, and the hospital told us she was able to fly. The airlane crew / pilot refused to see the letter that stated the facts and had us offboarded (in a disrespectful manner). After offboarding I called the hospital to send a fax to Delta in LAX airport that it was OK for my wife to fly, which they did. However internal Delta procedures made it impossible for my wife to return home in NYC the same day, and we had to buy a same day one way expensive ticket from United to get her back the same day. All a lot of expenses, stress, because the airline crew refused to look at available medical facts and made an assumption. I am sure if we would be native Americans able to express ourselves better than this would not have occurred. We made a complaint to Delta and we were offered 2 coupons of 50 USD; of course unacceptable. I told them that but Delta came back saying there's nothing more they can do. I am now looking for a lawyer that wants to help us to get proper compensation from Delta on a contingency basis. Can you help ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You are NOT being charged for this response and you can contact customer service at for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####