Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS A RIPOFF - I WAS CONTACTED BY A MR.

Customer Question

I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS A RIPOFF - I WAS CONTACTED BY A MR. ***** ***** AT(###) ###-####- HE DIRECTED ME TO CALL A MR. ***** ***** AT(###) ###-####- IS THIS FOR REAL!?!
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: THE ONLY CONVERSATION WAS THAT MR. GONZALES HAD TO FILE SOME PAPERS WITH THE IRS BEFORE HE COULD PROCESS A CHECK TO ME BY FRIDAY APRIL 22, 2016
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Why are these people calling you? Why are they sending you a check? And if you need to talk to ***** *****, why is ***** ***** the one calling you? What are they asking you to do? The fact that they're asking you to do something to receive money automatically makes me suspicious, as does the fact that both individuals you're dealing with have extremely common names. Scam artists like to use names shared by thousands of people (if not more), because it makes it much more difficult to get any information on them. The first phone number is ***** VOIP number, which means that the person behind it could be located anywhere. That second phone number has been reported as being affiliated with a scam. Those are additional reasons to be wary.http://www.whocaller.com/phone/7149279743