How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19472
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had flooded out my engine back in November but the insurance

Customer Question

I had flooded out my engine back in November but the insurance said it wasn't totaled and replace my engine with a use engine... I went to try and trade in my car and car fax said it was totaled out ? Did the insurance do me wrong is there anything I can do ? No one would take my car as a trAde in
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, your insurance company pulled a fast one on you. You need to contact the claims department of your insurance company and tell them that you are unable to trade-in the car because the car is being reported as" totalled" and therefore you need to be paid for the replacement cost of the car. If you get runaround, you need to file complaint with your insurance commissioner. Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.