How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19304
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother and I purchased a car together, with the stipulation

Customer Question

My brother and I purchased a car together, with the stipulation that he would pay the car note. I have been paying the car note since we got the car. Also, he has taken the car and I don't know the location. I have received two traffic tickets in the mail for $225. He has no intention of paying any of the tickets and seems to not care if he gets a ticket So how do I force a voluntary repossession of a car where co purchasers are involved. M
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Regrettably, both of you must agree to surrender the car. Otherwise, you would need to stop making the payments. Then, the lender would repossess the car.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions