Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I booked my granddaughter a round trip ticket from San Francisco

Customer Question
to Las Vegas on April...
I booked my granddaughter a round trip ticket from San Francisco to Las Vegas on April 3 and returning to April 8 . She is 15 years old so I book her on a telephonic conversation with Jacob foster of fareshopper.com.he sent me an email to fill up the information about my granddaughter and my credit card so he send me again an email that everything on the paperwork are correct, so h send me the details about the flight status and the United airlines flight and he said he will send the confirmation number until tom which is Saturday . So I keep on looking at my email until Saturday but no confirmation got. I tried to call their office but he said his on a day off and the person I'm talking cannot give me any details about the flight . So I assume that he didn't book my granddaughters flight. I book the flight April 1 which is Friday and her flight is April 3 .But when I check my credit card he took an amount of $188.20 on the day that I book the flight but I never got any confirmation regarding the flight status , so I called the Wells Fargo bank to waive the transaction he made but the banker said they can't do it because it was a third party that was involved but the banker try to negotiate with Jacob foster and made a dispute that he will give me a coupon of $1000 to be used in a year from now and gave me a coupon # ***** So last Monday I tried to book a ticket to the Phil worth $1020 but unfortunately the coupon is invalid then I talk to this person Jacob foster that he will only refund the $188.20 if I will buy a ticket worth more than $1000 dollars. Please help me just to get my money back because I cannot trust them anymore if I will make business with them
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
4/15/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your first step is to call the company and speak with a supervisor and try to resolve the issue. If you cannot resolve it with them, then tell them your next call is going to be to the CA Attorney General's Office Consumer Protection Unit for their unfair and deceptive practices and to the Better Business Bureau.
If they still refuse to resolve the matter, make your complaints to the Attorney General and BBB. In most all cases they can resolve these complaints without you having to get an attorney or file suit in court.
If for some reason the AG and BBB cannot resolve this dispute, then your next step is you can file suit in civil court against the company for breach of contract and unfair and deceptive business practices and seek up to triple the amount of money you are due for damages for their unfair practices.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer