How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6805
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Supposidly, years ago I may have signed some 25 page document

Customer Question

Supposidly, years ago I may have signed some 25 page document detrimental to my interests never being aware of the consequences. The document is prepared by one of the large stock trading brokerage firms, saying they have the right without cause to
prevent me from using their trading programs and trade my portfolio. All large brokerage
firms make you sign such documents, so you have no rights if you wish to trade stocks.
Probably the multi billion type traders use their own attornys to protect them, but not the small guy. As a result of this action by the brokerage firm to deny me trading, I had to find another broker, which no matter how you slice it took close to a month, during which time I can document substantial loses. I must go through FINRA to present my case, but
this is an organization accustomed to fraud, not losses due to the large Co. denying the little guy his rights and thereby causing losses.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
If the contract is onerous and one of adhesion you can complain to finra, internally to management and court.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Keep in mind that most institutional contracts have that "license" termination built in, including banks,
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
applying some pressure though may get you reinstated and/or compensated.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Kindly let me know if that is acceptable, and if I can clarify something just ask me

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions