How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 9409
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an auto accident three weeks ago in my 2013 Ford fiesta.

Customer Question

I had an auto accident three weeks ago in my 2013 Ford fiesta. I will admit the accident was my fault. I am 62 years old and the type one diabetic. I was driving home from my dentist office when my blood sugar went low and I lost consciousness. I then hit a telephone pole and the vehicle was totaled.The funny part is the airbag on the drivers wheel did not deploy. As a result I slipped from the upper safety belt and struck steering wheel on the left side. I was brought to the hospital by ambulance where it was determined that I had cracked my sternum. I'm in the process of recovering now and I don't know if there's anything I can do about steering wheel airbag failure. All the other airbags around the side of the car went off but not the driver's airbag. I was alone and no one else was injured in the event. What can I do next if anything?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My opinion is that you have a product liability claim against the manufacturer and seller of the vehicle with the defective airbag. A properly functioning air bag should have prevented the fractured sternum. You can get a free consultation from some of the product liability attorneys listed by location here. Please follow up on this with a local attorney. I hope this information is helpful.