How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Olivia Kent Your Own Question
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1095
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Olivia Kent is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the father of a little girl and pay the school,daycare,me

Customer Question

I am the father of a little girl and pay for all the school,daycare,medical and food and she lives with her mom. the total cost of 2015 for the above is $14.108.00. Last year was approx the same and she claimed my daughter without telling me and gave the IRS the total of my expenses and kept the money. I can not claim my daughter unless i get her OK and she will not. Is it legal to take my money like this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.The way it typically works is that the parent with whom the child spent the most number of nights during the year) (the parent with primary custody, typically) is considered the parent with the right to claim the child. I know it seems like it would be correct for the parent who provides most of the support to be the one to claim the child on their taxes. The way to change this would be for your ex to agree to a chance in, say, alternate years (though I understand that isn't likely). I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.