How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 20234
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs exp with Consumer Law issues
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a water softener unit has never worked worry I

Customer Question

I purchased a water softener unit has never worked worry I come to find out that it's not a water softener it is a water conditioner they're two different things what are my options I forwarded trying to talk The Company that sold it to me to trying get a refund no help and the Better Business Bureau was no help they have other complaints against this comp company that they are unable to resolve
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for the information and your question. You have a couple of options left. One is to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General's Office division of consumer protection. They are charged with enforcing the consumer protection laws of Florida. They can investigate and bring criminal, or civil action, against the Company if they find they violated the law and can, in some cases, negotiate a refund. That process takes a while and may or may not get your money back, but it is a better option than the BBB since it has the State government behind it. Companies generally want to avoid being investigated by the State.

The other option, which could be faster and might result in getting your money back, is to file suit in small claims court for the amount that you paid for the equipment/service. You would have to show that the vendor didn't satisfy their end of your agreement or committed fraud in selling the item to you.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed, Thank you

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 7th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good.If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.