How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently I called a local appliance repair service to repair

Customer Question

Recently I called a local appliance repair service to repair my 8 yr old refrigerator. The service technician informed me that he would have to order a part for the water dispenser and gave me a verbal estimate of $300-$350. I gave him a deposit of $100 saying it would take about 10 days to get the part. This week its been over one month since he was out, so I called the office. The office manager returned my call and advised the technician was out of the country, but would like to send a second technician out to verify the earlier diagnosis. The second technician came out and said several parts would now have to be ordered but raised the total cost to $869 which is more than double their earlier estimate. I believe they should do the repair at the original $350. Can I legally demand that they do the complete job for $350 ? HELP! thanks Randy Imada
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Do you have anything in writing to evidence the original estimate? Have you inquired to any other repair stores to see if it can be done more cheaply?