How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was riding greyhound bus and i am disabled and i ask the

Customer Question

i was riding greyhound bus and i am disabled and i ask the driver to sit in the disabled set and he told me no, then 10 min later he let someone else sit there and he call me racial name and said he don't care what i am and it's his bus. I asked to speak with the manger and the manger side that i had to leave the bus cause i was starting a problem, then i was attack by two guys on the bus, cause of the driver, Salt police came and i was the victim
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of this situation.Contacting the DOJ is probably the most efficient way to deal with this problem.You can also consider filing your own civil litigation suit, but this takes a great deal of time and effort (I do not know how much you want to invest into this matter - but most civil suits of this type take between 2-4 years to come to a resolution, and you are well advised to retain an attorney to represent you).Depending on the detailed facts of your case (what your attorney will go over), you may be offered representation under a "contingency fee agreement" where the law firm will advance its services and the costs of litigation, in exchange for a portion of the client's recovery. So the client will get representation without having to pay anything up front, but will have to reimburse the law firm for its expenses, then pay the law firm a portion of their recovery to compensate them for their time and efforts. (These fee agreements can be changed between the parties, and some lawyers will have the client pay for the litigation costs as the matter is being litigated, and the client will only have to split part of their recovery to pay for the attorney's time when they win).It is important to discuss with your attorney the details of your compensation agreement at the time that you sign up for services (this contract is usually referred to as the "Legal Services Agreement"), and if you have any questions, the lawyer should be more than willing to explain and discuss them with you. You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions