How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 4188
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** Shah This is regarding Gold Gym charging

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Shah This is regarding Gold Gym charging my credit card for 6 months after the contract was over and trainer told me that he is not going to charge me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had one year contract with a trainer at Gold's Gym, Spet 15 was the last month. On the last training day I told the trainer that I was not renewing and he said he will take care of cancellation. Now I find that they have been charging me $150 a month since Oct 15 ..$900.00 till now.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question. There are several steps that you can take to correct this and get your money back. You can take any or all of them. 1) This first step you should take in addition to any of the following steps. That is to send a Written "Demand Letter" to the local Gold's Gym and copy their headquaters. A demand letter is a letter that specifies the facts and circumstances of the dispute and requests that the matter be remedied. This link describes how to write a demand letter and includes an example: 2) If this is on your credit card, Contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. Some of them may be to old to dispute, but ask your credit card company anyway. 3) Contact your State's Attorney General Office of Consumer Protection and file a complaint against the gym for fraudulent billing. 4) Contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint with them also. 5) All of the above steps may work for you and none of them cost you any money. You can also file a Small Claims lawsuit against the gym for unauthorized and frudulent billing. The clerk of the court will have the forms that you need to file the complaint. SInce it is Small Claims Court you do not need an attorney. You will have to pay filing fees and service fees (a couple hundred dollars or so) but they are recoverable if you win your suit. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday. I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you. If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.Good luck, Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.