Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I own a car dealership in saskatchewan. I have a customer

Customer Question
I own a car dealership...
I own a car dealership in saskatchewan. I have a customer w ho had work done to a vehicle more than a year ago. He hasn't paid for the work, and has not contacted me or picked up the car. I registered a lien, and would like to get rid of the car, as it is wasting valuable space on my lot. Can I go ahead and sell the vehicle? What is the protocol I need to follow?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
4/3/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 1 year ago
retireddebra
Have you tried to contact him?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes....he has left the area. He was sent a letter from isc when the lien was registered.
 replied 1 year ago
Here are the provisions of the Act that tell you exactly what you need to do: Before the sale, the garage keeper shall:(a) deliver to the administrator:(i) notice of the intended sale;(ii) a statutory declaration in a form provided by the administratordeclaring the amount secured by the lien mentioned in subsection (2);and(iii) a search result respecting the motor vehicle from the registry,within the meaning ofThe Personal Property Security Act, 1993,with a currency date of not more than 15 days before the date of thedelivery to the administrator of the notice, statutory declarationand search result; and(b) insert in the Gazette and in a newspaper circulating in the localityin which the vehicle was impounded two weeks before the sale a notice ofthe intended sale stating:(i) the name, if known, of the owner of the motor vehicle to be sold;(ii) a general description of the vehicle, including the serial number;(iii) the time and place of the sale; and(iv) thename of the auctioneer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This information was not helpful. I have already found all this online. I require a simplified, step by step response. Who is the administrator??
 replied 1 year ago
It would be the Saskatchewan Personal Property Registry Administrator. Here is the contact information: Fax:Email:Mail:(306)***@******.*** - 1st AvenueRegina, SK, S4R 8H2 But why not call a customer support representative at the SPPR tomorrow and they can discuss this with you or you can email them as well: Customer SupportCall: 1-***-***-****Email:***@******.***
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have spoken with isc. They referred me to the court house, who told me to read the personal property act, which was not at all helpful. So again, you have disappointed me with your response.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to know in simple English how to deal with this. I told you earlier, we have already registered a commercial lien.
 replied 1 year ago
I am going to opt out as I don't believe you are going to be satisfied with anything I say.
retireddebra
retireddebra
retireddebra