How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Gammon. I was wondering is there a way I can legally get out

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** was wondering is there a way I can legally get out of my contract with JD Byrider
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My car was totaled on 3/22/2016 it is only worth $3000 and I owe JD $9986
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of your situation. Can you tell me please

1 - Do you have GAP insurance coverage on your car?
2- Was it your fault?
3 - Does the other driver insurance?
4 - Who is JD Byrider?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't think so. It wasn't my fault. I'm not sure. JD Byrider is the dealership I purchased my car from, however CNAC holds the lien to my vehicle so I should've asked is there a way to get out of my contract with CNAC they are the financial institution that gave me the loan for my car
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, no. You can call your lender and tell them what has happened. If the other driver was at fault and their insurance company does not pay the amount due on the car, you will need to sue the driver. In the meantime, I suggest you call the lender and tell them about the accident and that you are working with the insurance companies. But you need them to work with you on the payments and what can they do to assist you in that way.

Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

Check with your insurance company and see if you have GAP insurance. Have them call the other driver's insurance company and see what type of coverage the driver has and what they are going to pay for the damages.

You also may consider consulting with a local attorney who can help you to decide if you need to sue the other driver and to work with your lender.