Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I purchased a 2006 Subaru Outback in February ,780 but

Customer Question

I purchased a 2006 Subaru Outback in February for 3,780 but original price was 3,000 at a used car dealership Mikes Auto Sales in Jackson, Ms on woodrow wilson.. as is no warranty, dont know wear the extra charges come in. But i had came by just to look, he kept on saying its a good car has good tires new oil change n runs great that he drives it out of state and all of that good stuff and reminding of what he said, so i took his word for it. Until no later than 20 days the enigine goes out for no apparently reason. Now im trying to see if there's a law or any other way i can receive my money back.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any representations from the seller in writing regarding the condition of the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I just need guidance on what to do next. Im not sure if their going to chare me every time i send you a question. So i'll like to have the information in one answer if you can on what i need to do for this matter, please.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Unfortunately, when you purchase a car as-is you are basically letting the seller off the hook for any maintenance problems which may exist at the time of the sale or may develop shortly after. Assuming the seller has not switched out equipment or rolled back the odometer, they have no liability to you for any problems with the vehicle once you drive it off the lot.

That is why many people who buy an as-is vehicle will insist, before they buy, that it be inspected by their own mechanic.

You can file a consumer complaint with the Mississippi state attorney general. They will investigate and take appropriate action.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?