How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118760
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****. I have a insurance question, My car

Customer Question

hello My name is ***** *****. I have a insurance question
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My car was stolen 2 weeks ago and was recovered this morning. I am not sure the extent of the damaged caused by the thief and I want to know if i am obliged to accept the car back or can I opt to get a pay-out or reimbursement from the insurance company?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Consumer Protection Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
All your insurance company is liable to do is pay for repairs if the car can be repaired. If the insurance company finds that the damage is greater than 60-70% of the book value of your car (depending on your insurance policy terms, as they all vary slightly) the insurance company can total your car, in which case you would get a payment of book value of the car. However, if they do not total the car, all you are entitled to is the car back and the insurance company paying to put it back in the condition it was in at the time of the theft.