How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased E BAY gift cards payment vehicle that was

Customer Question

I purchased E BAY gift cards for down payment for a vehicle that was originally listed on Craigslist. I faxed copies of the cards to what I believed to be E BAY. The gift cards were purchased with a Capitalone credit card. The next day I was told by EBAY this was fraud scam. I immediately called Capitalone told the representative I was the victim of a fraudulent scam. I requested the gift card purchase be cancelled, the person said it would be, and they would issue a new credit card. The original transaction was on Jan. 29 of this year. Subsequently the charges were removed from my Capitalone account. Today March 8 a person from Capitalone called me to say that the charges would be reinstated to my
account because the credit card was not stolen and they did not consider this fraud. In the meantime I threw the gift cards and all the information out having been told it was settled. What recourse do I have? Dave Roland. (###) ###-#### ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice /legal service you should contact a local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.