How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own my own plumbing business and recently I did a drain

Customer Question

I own my own plumbing business and recently I did a drain cleaning job on the kitchen sink I worked several hours on the job but was unable to get drain opened due to the foreign material in the drain which I explained to the customer I exhausted all my methods and equipment to no prevail that maybe they would need a plumber that had different equipment that I had no access to could possibly get the drain open I then told the customer that since I didn't get drain open I wouldn't charge the full price but had to charge something for my time which they said they understood and they wrote me a check for the discount amount I deposited the check the same day and three days later I received a stop payment on the check I have tried to make contact with customer to resolve this issue with no success I guess what I need to know is what is the next step in order to get monies that are owed or do I have a case in this matter in which it's even possible to get the money I am located in the state of Pennsylvania I know some laws differ from state to state
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation.

Your remedy here is to sue the customer in small claims court for breach of contract.

The customer is probably hoping that you are not going to go to the time and expense of doing this, but you do have a right to get paid for your time (the agreed upon amount).

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions