Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'll be in germany next month weeks. question is about…

Customer Question
i'll be in germany next...
i'll be in germany next month for 2 weeks . question is about medical health insurance . if i had a sickness, accident , or required surgery in germany is there a supplimental of added insurance policy i could buy. I have my medicare and my mutual of omaha supplimental that covers all in the states but what about the possibility of needing hospitalization in germany.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/7/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LawTalk, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Lawyer

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Medicare does not provide for repayment of any medical expenses in Europe---regardless of whether they are an emergency or not. Neither do the traditional health policies that you buy in the US.

If you are traveling then you need to purchase a separate short term health policy which will be valid in the countries in which you will be traveling. Otherwise you risk being obligated to pay the entire medical bill yourself if something were to happen. Consider one of the many companies on the internet that sell travel health insurance, such as this one: https://www.hthtravelinsurance.com/

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug