Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A woman I recently dumped pulled an unauthorized NCIC check…

Customer Question
A woman I recently dumped...
A woman I recently dumped pulled an unauthorized NCIC check through the company that she works for and then proceeded to pull my credit report based on the info she gathered! What are my options for teaching her the lesson that this is both illegal and immoral?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/6/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
First, you can report her to the FBI, since they handle unauthorized use of NCIC investigations. Second, you can file suit against her for invasion of privacy and seek damages from her for the improper access to your information without your consent.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer