How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19132
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My drummer and I purchased a van this January. He bought it

Customer Question

My drummer and I purchased a van this January. He bought it from a friend for $5k and I reimbursed him $1500 shortly after, with the agreement being that I would buy out his share in installments before June of this same year. The title and registration is in my name and I have a bill of sale signed by both parties detailing my agreement to pay installments and buy out his share. The van has remained parked in his gated lot since we bought it in January. We ended up firing him from the group last week for personal differences, and I have the remaining $3500 that I owe him ready to go. I have sent him 2 emails since last week, to which I have gotten no response about completing our agreement. What can I do legally to complete this transaction?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Send him another e-mail, but this time let him know you have certified funds for the remaining payment and he needs to contact you so that you can set up a time to meet and hand over the certified/cashier check to him and for delivery of the car to you. If he refuses or ignores you, then you need to file lawsuit for breach of contract to force him to deliver the car to you.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions