How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Imy am owed 350 from a place in Florida as I bought an

Customer Question

Imy am owed 350 from a place in Florida as I bought an engine but he lied about this motor being drop in ready as it cost me 2275 to make it drop in ready. He claimed the motor had 74k on it come to find out it has over 174k. He says now he dont care about paying me as he has lawyers. As I've read he has done this to others according to bbb. I filled there but know 1 has contacted me about it. I'm a single dad an this is my life line to make money an i spent almost my hole savings on it. Between the installation and motor an getting it to the condition it's in were theres still little bugs to work out but I'm in it at 11k an i was expecting only 7 ta 8k as it was supposed to be a bulletproof drop in 74k mile motor will it's not an I've been duped.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you receive any written warranty or did you purchase it as-is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has warranty an there's texts and verbal between me and my mother both an emails. But he will not answer anymore an refused to give me the truck vin as I used motor vin to look up.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

If you have a warranty from the seller then you can sue them in Florida small claims court for your damages, up to $5000.

Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.

Check with the clerk of the court for the county where the seller is located. They will have forms for you and provide assistance.