Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I leased a 2013 car 3 years ago. The lease is running out

Customer Question

Hi Pearl-
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I leased a 2013 car 3 years ago. The lease is running out and I went to the Toyota dealership(Naples,FL) where I originally got the lease.
JA: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I bought out the lease through the Toyota dealership instead og dealing directly with the leasing company
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: I ended up paying $2,000 more than if I had bought the car through the leasing company. I was lied to by the Toyota dealorship. They said buying out the lease though them would cost no more than if I bought out the lease through the leasing company
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a FL licensed attorney and I look forward to answering your question.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

How did they trick you? Is the car you bought a newer model?

Were you given the numbers when you signed the contract?

Have you asked the Toyota to explain the price difference to you?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?