Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I leased a 2013 car 3 years ago. The lease is running out…

Customer Question
I leased a 2013...

I leased a 2013 car 3 years ago. The lease is running out and I went to the Toyota dealership(Naples,FL) where I originally got the lease.

Lawyer's Assistant: The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

I bought out the lease through the Toyota dealership instead og dealing directly with the leasing company

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?

I ended up paying $2,000 more than if I had bought the car through the leasing company. I was lied to by the Toyota dealorship. They said buying out the lease though them would cost no more than if I bought out the lease through the leasing company

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good day. I am Loren, a FL licensed attorney and I look forward to answering your question.

How did they trick you? Is the car you bought a newer model?

Were you given the numbers when you signed the contract?

Have you asked the Toyota to explain the price difference to you?

Are you online with me?