Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Re: the do not call list. I'm a doctor, I market

Customer Question
seminars to other doctors. so...
Re: the do not call list. I'm a doctor, I market seminars to other doctors. so I'm business to business. Is it legal for me to get a list of doctor's published phone numbers online and have an employee call them (NOT automated calling) and announce a seminar to their voicemail?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Re: the national do not call list. I'm a doctor, I market seminars to other doctors. so I'm business to business. Is it legal for me to get a list of doctor's published phone numbers online and have an employee call them (NOT automated calling) and announce a seminar to their voicemail? The doctors are all over the country and Canada, not local to Colorado. My employee is in North Carolina.
3/4/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Samuel-II, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

The National Do Not Call Registry applies only to consumers; business phone and fax numbers are NOT covered by the registry. So yes, it is legal for you to make those type of calls.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.

Does this apply if we accidentally call a home or a cell number, although we get these numbers from websites listing them as doctors? And you say it's legal to fax their business numbers, as well?

Hello

Thank you. If you accidentally get a home and they say they are on a Do Not Call list and don't call again. I suggest you apologize and delete the number from any and all databases. If you continue to call again and again, then it would be a violation.

I hope this clarifies things for you.