Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was a participant in Helath Republic NYC through its

Customer Question
termination on 11/30/15. All my...
I was a participant in Helath Republic NYC through its termination on 11/30/15. All my invoices had been paid in timely manner. I had a series of labs done with my GP on 11/19/15, well before the termination of coverage. I am now being harassed for $581 30 in lab fees that should have been covered by Health Republic. I was advised to call Health Republic. The business is defunct, there are no phones, and the website does not in any way address how to deal with my issue.
Can you help please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/3/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Nishan Parlakian,
 replied 2 years ago
Nishan Parlakian

Janine, I am so sorry for your trouble and hope you are doing ok. So the bad news is that likely,without seeing the invoices, that the lab company has the right to come after you if the insurance company does not pay. If you want you can send me the invoices and I can see what can be done further along those lines. Aside from that if the lab was slow in acting or taking payments on the invoices that would be something that they would need to resolve. The other thing I would try is that since it is NYC, I would try calling 311. Please let me know what you think and I will unlock this matter for others or if you want I can try and personally help you. Just let me know. Want to make sure you are satisfied. Best, Sean

Thanks Sean question answered.
 replied 2 years ago

OK if I can do anything else please let me know. You are local. As long as I don't have to go to court no charge. I am a consumer attorney anyway. If you can please rate me. Sean