Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had a car reposession 10 years ago. This went on my credit…

Customer Question
I had a car reposession...
I had a car reposession 10 years ago. This went on my credit reports and came off. I dont know if there was a judgwment placed. I never received anything about the car selling and the repo ba***** *****ging. Now I'm getting a lettet from the bank that their lawyer is taking them to court to check my accounts. This is in NY, can they do this now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/3/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you saying that you don't know if you were ever sued?

.

Have you checked with the courts to see if a case was ever filed?

.

.

thanks