Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to know about a contract with Vacation Inspirations…

Customer Question
Hi, I want to know...
Hi, I want to know about a contract with Vacation Inspirations in Charleston. We attended a presentation and bought a membership. The paperwork says it's not for any real estate and there's an item saying that the right of recession is waived. I'm wondering if there's an option to cancel the arrangement. Reviews of this company are pretty bad and they've had lots of complaints with the BBB.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/1/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Unfortunately, unless you can prove there was fraudulent representation on their part or that you were under some sort of duress when you signed the agreement, it is very difficult to terminate. The language specifically says recission is waived which is your right to terminate the contract. I'm happy to discuss with you further via phone if you like so that you can explain the circumstances and based on that we can determine if there is any recourse. There would be additional charges however.