Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Mr Joseph CEO Northwestern Management Service 951 Broken…

Customer Question
Mr Joseph Garcia CEO Northwestern Management...
Mr Joseph Garcia CEO
Northwestern Management Service
951 Broken Sound Pkwy
Boca Raton Fl
Dear Mr Garcia,
My name is***** and on or about April 7, 2015 I purchased a full set of dentures and Dr Vera was my assigned dentist. I was charged $3,600 for my dentures and paid that amount when the charge was due.
I received my dentures promptly, however they did not fit. After several visits to the office and paying additional charges for soft liner the dentures still fell from the top of my mouth and the bottom dentures gouged into my lower gums.
Dr Vera sent the dentures back to the lab for an adjustment that initially appeared to work. At this latter visit I was informed of additional therapies that MIGHT allow the teeth to fit at an additional cost. I rejected this suggestion as I already paid for teeth that would fit at no additional cost.
Dr Vera, after multiple visits suggested I live with the teeth for a more protracted time to allow my upper gums to heal. I agreed to this suggestion and waited approx 6 months but no matter how much glue I used the top teeth would become unstable when I ate and the bottoms where too painful to use at all.
I then returned to the office last week. Again alternative therapies which included a hardliner for an additional $560 where presented to me along with an offer inspect the lower teeth. When I returned to the office today Dr Gonzales explained to me that she would not guarantee a hardliner would work. No pont in throwing good money after bad.
I did not spend 3,900 for teeth that do not fit and I cannot use.
I feel the teeth I purchased need to be made to fit at no additional cost or a full refund is due. Both these ideas where rejected.
Can you help as a last resort to involving any legal remedies.
Thank you for your timely response.
Respectfully
Frank R Ciccarello
6092 Bay Isles Dr
Boynton Beach Fl 33437 (###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/29/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You had a contract with the dentist to provide dentures that work and fit. If they are refusing to make them fit or work, then you have a claim against them for not only breach of contract but also potentially dental malpractice (you need to go to another dentist to inspect the work done to determine what is specifically wrong with the dentures they made and determine why they are not fitting properly). However, if the dentist refuses to correct the problems with the dentures they provided, then your next step I am afraid is filing suit in court for breach of contract (and malpractice if you get another dentist to agree his work was improper) and you can do so in small claims court without an attorney to seek to recover the money you spent for improperly fitting and non-working dentures.