Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had a smart tv in a pawn shop, by my sons hands. He said…

Customer Question
I had a smart tv...
I had a smart tv in a pawn shop, by my sons hands. He said he lost the pawn ticket. We went to get it out of pawn and they said it was already pawned out. I told them that my son said he did not get it and remember he lost the ticket. I went down to the pawn shop explained our side and they said they would review their video and call me that same day. The next day they called back and said their hard drive had reset and that they had no tape of the date it was checked back out. They said their hard drive was old and just started acting up. What is the pawn shop responsible for on this case?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/26/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

The pawn shop must deliver the Smart TV to your son. It is NOT a defense that they have "accidentally" lost the information on their computer's hard drive. They must produce the TV or pay for the replacement cost of the TV. If you get runaround, you can file a Small Claim against them at the Courthouse in the County where the pawn shop is located for the return of the personal item or the replacement cost. Click on the link below for Small Claim information:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/page.jsp?id=704