How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney 1 Your Own Question
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 2577
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Attorney 1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is and my question is fiance and i had

Customer Question

hello, my name is ***** ***** my question is fiance and i had purchased a vehicle from a less than reputable car lot and we had put a down pay,ent on the vehicle. so we had to wait 3 days for them to clean it and put on new tires.. well they put tires on our vehicle that were 3 sizes to big and lnspetced it and let my fiance drive off the lot with it... i idid not know the tires were oversized until i just recently went to get it inspected tat my mechanic where he pointed out all this to me...and he says your lucky these tires didnt blow out and he cant inspect it with all the damage done by the incompentent people that worked there!!! they endandgered my 3 children my fiance and myself and im furious and im lookin for help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you had with this dealership, but happy to say that you do have recourse. Under the circumstances, you can return the car for a full refund. In the event the dealership gives you any trouble about this, you can sue for breach of contract to have a court order the dealership to refund your money because you did not get what you bargained for. In the event the dealership misrepresented the car they sold to you, which it already sounds like was the case, you can also sue for misrepresentation and fraud. If successful, the dealer would be ordered to pay you three time The amount you initially paid for the car, as punitive damages to punish the dealer and deter future misconduct.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is how attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!


Attorney 1

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions