Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My name is and my question is ...my fiance and i had

Customer Question
hello, my name is *****...
hello, my name is ***** ***** my question is ...my fiance and i had purchased a vehicle from a less than reputable car lot and we had put a down pay,ent on the vehicle. so we had to wait 3 days for them to clean it and put on new tires.. well they put tires on our vehicle that were 3 sizes to big and lnspetced it and let my fiance drive off the lot with it... i idid not know the tires were oversized until i just recently went to get it inspected tat my mechanic where he pointed out all this to me...and he says your lucky these tires didnt blow out and he cant inspect it with all the damage done by the incompentent people that worked there!!! they endandgered my 3 children my fiance and myself and im furious and im lookin for help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/25/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Attorney 1, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you had with this dealership, but happy to say that you do have recourse. Under the circumstances, you can return the car for a full refund. In the event the dealership gives you any trouble about this, you can sue for breach of contract to have a court order the dealership to refund your money because you did not get what you bargained for. In the event the dealership misrepresented the car they sold to you, which it already sounds like was the case, you can also sue for misrepresentation and fraud. If successful, the dealer would be ordered to pay you three time The amount you initially paid for the car, as punitive damages to punish the dealer and deter future misconduct.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will continue to provide assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is how attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1