How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6799
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Consumer law, North Dakota Starting in 2010 I was sued by a

Customer Question

Consumer law, North Dakota
Starting in 2010 I was sued by a debt collecting law firm for a credit card debt.
In February 2011 I filed a Motion to Dismiss with the court. The court has not ruled on my motion to dismiss as of this date. I believe there is a rule which says, if the court does not rule upon the motion within 120 days, it is deemed dismissed by the court.
I was never served any papers by the court, and I checked North Dakota Register of Actions, and didn't see action taken by the court.
The debt collecting law firm received a default judgment from the court, than garnished my bank account. I received a letter from the debt collecting law firm for satisfaction of debt in late March 2014.
I wish to sue the law firm for illegal activities.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions