How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel-II Your Own Question
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Samuel-II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A mechanic friend was asked to tow a 1989 Bronco from a

Customer Question

A mechanic friend was asked to tow a 1989 Bronco from a trailer park. It hasn't been registered since 2006. Our friend cleans up trash properties and sells what is sellable. He sold us this truck thinking it will run for us and we are getting it going, but the last owner has no address, no phone, Ipaid for a current address through one of the People finder services and it turned out to be the wrong address. We are looking at a lien sale as California doesn't have a simple abandonment law. I am filling out the 1126 form and don't know what the proper wording should on the section saying "The basis for my lien is:________________"JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?Customer: Just didJA: OK got it. Last thing — Traffic Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.OK I just paid now am not getting any hints you are not bot.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you can state the vehicle is valued at less than $4000 and you need to information so you can inform the owner as required under CC 3302 (b) et seq.

And for your edification that states the following:

(b) The lienholder shall, immediately upon receipt of the names and addresses, send, by certified mail with return receipt requested or by United States Postal Service Certificate of Mailing, a completed Notice of Pending Lien Sale form, a blank Declaration of Opposition form, and a return envelope preaddressed to the department, to the registered owner and legal owner at their addresses of record with the department, and to any other person known to have an interest in the vehicle. The lienholder shall additionally send a copy of the completed Notice of Pending Lien Sale form to the department by certified mail on the same day that the other notices are mailed pursuant to this subdivision.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions