How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJLLAW Your Own Question
KJLLAW, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1617
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
KJLLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going to file chapter 7, but I would like to know do I

Customer Question

Hello I am going to file for a chapter 7, but I would like to know do I have to disclose of my alternate ssn that was issued by the Social Security Administration due to Identity theft. I also have credit on that alternate ssn which is all excellent?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. In order to file and be granted a discharge through a chapter 7 bankruptcy you must not have the means to pay back your unsecured creditors. At filing, you are required to disclose all sources of income received during the six month period prior to filing. Chapter 7 is a discharge of your debts, as a person, not a social security number, even if the source of income comes from different social security numbers. If you file the petition and do not disclose the income under the other social security number they would deny your petition and dismiss it.

I hope this helps with your question.