Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

I went to car dealer looked at truck, it had the normal

Customer Question

I went to car dealer looked at truck, it had the normal Window sticker w base price and msrp price when I inquired to purchase n test drive salesman said oh bye the way this truck is 15k over window sticker it supposed to have another sticker next to window but couldn't produce it when I asked . can they do this
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Legally MSRP means "manufacturers suggested retail price"...the key term being "suggested". That means that they can price the vehicle however they want. In some vehicles with high demand, they actually sell them above MSRP if people are willing to pay for them

.

So yes, they can try to sell a vehicle for however much they want to and there is no law that would prevent that. Obviously the potential buyer is free to shop around to find a lower price or even contact another dealer to see if they can trade for that exact vehicle from the overpriced dealer.

.

.

thanks