Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am getting call from 347-903-5696. Saying they are

Customer Question
I am getting call from(###)...
I am getting call from(###) ###-#### Saying they are for the Internal Revenue Service
saying that I am being suided . I know of no reason for these calls.
I do not believe that they are real. I do not answer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/24/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.

Your instincts are correct. The IRS does not call people to warn of law suit. If you owed money you would receive notice via mail, not telephone.

The person calling you has no affiliation with the IRS and you can block the number from your phone so you are not bothered anymore.

Are you online with me?

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?