How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 4194
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently bought a vehicle and my score from Transunion was

Customer Question

I recently bought a vehicle and my score from Transunion was 484.I have an acount with Credit Karma and before I went to buy a car my score was 671 so I told the manager that there must have been a mistake .Any way I have ordered a Report from Transunion and the score they sent me was 659.I believe I was had Please let me know what I should do.Also in talking to Transunion they informed me that the Lowest score they report is 501.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

It sounds like the dealership down graded your credit to force you into a higher interest rate loan. This ios a form of deceptive trade practices and is a violation of most states consumer protection laws.

One step that you can take is to file a complaint with your state's Office of Attorney General Consumer Protection Office.

You can also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. It doesn't cost you any money to file such a complaints.

You can also bring a suit against the dealership for fraud. In many instances you can recover your attorneys fees, costs, and punitive damages in addition to your actual damages.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Here is the link to the FTC.

Good luck.

Kind regards,


(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)