Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney
Experience:  Knowledgeable and Experienced Attorney
16911602

Does a car towed on a car carrier need to have a license

Customer Question

does a car towed on a car carrier need to have a license plate? this is a personal interstate move with a rental truck towing a car on a car carrier. states: sc, ga, al, mississippi, la and tx.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Attorney 1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

As long as the trailer is properly plated and registered, the automobile need not be, as long as the automobile is being towed for private and not commercial purposes and never touches the ground. Since this is a personal move, you are covered.

That said, Louisiana is a strange beast and is best to contact the LA DMV or state police for confirmation.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I will be happy to continue providing assistance. If I have sufficiently addressed your issue, please let me know that, as well, and please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1