Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

We are trying to figure out how to manage a specific

Customer Question

We are trying to figure out how to manage a specific transition of a relative that was employed and had Kaiser coverage, and now is unemployed and wants to transition to Kaiser coverage again with maximum assistance from California. She has gross income but negative net income from a real estate partnership, and the covered california people / county services really could not hand very detailed transition questions about medical vs covered california and cobra, and timing to make sure she retains right to transition to a Kaiser plan.
JA: OK. The Consumer Protection Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, and we are hesitant to do so online here as we want to make sure we are getting detailed and authoritative answers for her particular circumstance.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Consumer Protection Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Consumer Protection Lawyer should know?
Customer: How can we know the expertise level of the attorney relative to Medical, Cobra, Covered California, qualifying income, etc?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry, but what is your question for us regarding this matter? Has she applied to Medi-Cal yet because they have to qualify her based on her income and assets?