Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Had my vehicle in garage and they did over 1400.00 worth of…

Customer Question
Had my vehicle in garage...
Had my vehicle in garage for servic and they did over 1400.00 worth of damage to it how can I collect and get something extra for my time
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/19/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

How was it damaged? Were they negligent?

Are you online with me?

they were negelent

Yes, if the vehicle was damaged due to their negligence while in their possession then they are liable to you for the damage. Most auto shops have insurance to cover such losses.

Since the claim does not exceed $12,000 you can sue them in small claims court to recover your loses. Small claims court is designed to be "user friendly" so that you can present a claim without an attorney. Also, it moves much more quickly than regular court.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please respond.