How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19106
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a vehicle (BMW) from my attorney, after doing

Customer Question

I purchased a vehicle (BMW) from my attorney, after doing all required NICB and title checks the vehicle came back clear. I registered the vehicle and subsequently traded in to a dealership for another vehicle (AM). A month after the trade in, the police impound the vehicle I traded in(BMW) saying that it was stolen. No CHP 180 form indicating that police had impounded the vehicle was ever filed, nor was dmv or myself notified of the vehicle seizure.... the dealership then came and took my car (AM) in the middle of the night and refuses to return it. What can I do as a bona fide purchaser for value in this situation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You would need to file lawsuit against the dealership for return of the vehicle.

You would need the assistance of an Attorney who handle civil litigation to assist you with this lawsuit. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions