Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If I want to open a mobile car wash company, what legalities…

Customer Question
If I want to open...
If I want to open a mobile car wash company, what legalities should I consider?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/17/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to have a local business license if the city you are operating in requires one, so you have to check with each county clerk about that. You need to consider forming an LLC to avoid personal liability for any actions of the company, which you can do on the Secretary of state's website and once you do that you need to apply for a tax id (EIN) from the IRS (http://www.irs.gov). You also must have insurance, since your company can be liable for any cars you damage while washing and scratch and dent claims are common.
That is about all you need to consider.