How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 19110
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Had my vehicle towed to a repair shop in florida, my

Customer Question

Hello, I Had my vehicle towed to a repair shop in florida , my insurance company agreed to fix it after i wrecked it, the shop fixed it. got paid, I then verbally agreed to have some other repairs done for the some of $3500.00. Shorty after the owner of the shop agreed to buy my vehicle, my vehicle is financed. I then told him if he gave me a $4000 deposit, he could buy the car. He agreed and assumed responsibility for the repairs. He said it would be paid off in a month, we would contact the bank when the sale is happening and I would have the title mailed to him, 8 months later he has just been making the payments on the vehicle, he keeps jerking me around. I have wanted it out of my name. he let the payment get to 27 days late.. every single month... I call at the end of every month and ride them to make the payment. this month he let the payment go past 30 days due. I agreed he could make payments and pay the car off when he could as long as he didnt go past 30 days. he did.. he has breached our agreement, the repair bill is dated BEFORE he gave me the deposit and I have record of him making payments to me. HE has defaulted, I had to make the payment, $1350 exespected. Can I go steal my car back. His name is ***** ***** the car, this just happened so he is not on alert. what are my rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If he has reneged on the agreement and you have not transferred title to him, you can request that he turn over the car to you. If he refuses, you may go and get your car back, but you have to make sure that you do not have any physical confrontation when taking back the car.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions