Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Looking to better understand how to answer a pretrial

Customer Question
Looking to better understand...

Looking to better understand how to answer a pretrial statement

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No, the amount is not worth the legal fees and I will probably end up filing a counter suit and hire a lawyer then

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

I built my own home. all trades went smoothly except the alum soffit guy. the job was botched...the repair was worse and took over 13 months of sending multiple people out...still not satisfactory. the amount was $5,500....just last September they finally got around to sending me a bill which i did not pay. They hired a lawyer and are suing for $8,000 plus court costs. i have answered the summons and just received the pre trial statement. which I can

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?

Not make due to being out of town on business. i aksed the attorney to file a stipulation and order to a different date, but they declined and i guess i have to write the judge now. but i don't understand how to answer this pre trial stuff

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/16/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your actual question for us about this issue? Please continue to explain, as your situation and question cut off.