Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Are there laws against 'fixed prices'? How can I check them?

Customer Question
Dear Madam, are there laws against...
Dear Madam,
are there laws against 'fixed prices'?
How can I check them?
Could you recommend a specialized lawyer who is willing to lead a Class Action
against Air Berlin?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/15/2016
Consumer Protection Lawyer: John, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
John, Lawyer

Website error - unlock

Consumer Protection Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Good morning, and thanks for contacting JUST ANSWER. You asked: are there laws against 'fixed prices'?

Yes there are. The Sherman Anti-Trust Act outlaws price fixing.

Price fixing generally involves any agreement between competitors to tamper with prices or price levels, or terms and conditions of sale (e.g., interest rates for consumer credit), for commodities or services. Generally speaking, price fixing involves an agreement by two or more competing producers of a specific commodity, or competing providers of a particular service, in a defined geographic area, to raise, set or maintain prices for their goods or services. It may take place at either the wholesale or retail level and, although it need not involve every competitor in a particular market, it usually involves most of the competitors in the particular market.

In its most common form, price fixing is an agreement to raise the price of a product or service to or by a specific amount, e.g., all widget manufacturers agree to a 5 percent increase in price effective June 1.

We are not permitted to refer matters to specific attorneys; however, if you tell me where you live, I can send you a list of attorneys in your area who can handle this type of case.

Hello again Leon: I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer By clicking on 3, 4, or 5, so that I can receive credit for assisting you. There is no additional charge for doing so. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For the third time: You promised to send me a list of lawyers specializing in 'Class Acion', which was the second part of my answer (The first part 'Is there a law against price fixing/?' you answered satisfactorily!). You still didn't answer the second part albeit I already paid for it!

against Air Berlin?

We are not permitted to recommend specific attorneys, but I can tell you how to research for one online. Please understand that antitrust law is a very narrow specialty area. The lawyers who practice in it are usually with very large law firms, and handle huge cases for large corporations. Here is a fairly comprehensive list of Florida lawyers who indicate that they handle antitrust law matters.https://www.justia.com/lawyers/antitrust/florida . You can narrow it down to those who are near you. Here is another list from Martindale, which is highly reliable: http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/antitrust-trade-regulation/martindale/ I hope that you will now enter a positive rating for my answer so that I will be credited with assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer